February 20, 2010

Dear Dotty,

I'm conflicted. I've really gotten myself into a mess here. It all started with boy number one...for the sake of confidentiatlity we will call him the "foreign one". Foreign...that word right there should make everything more clear. He's not just your average foreign man though. He is a LATIN man. I met him and have since ceased to stop thinking about his beautiful face. Then of course I got to know him and it just got better. He is extremely shy and I can never really tell what is going on in that pretty head of his... I was determined to just be patient and let it play out...and then the "boy next door" came along and threw a wrench into my perfect plan. I met this boy once or twice but never really talked to him. Then one day things kind of changed. He talked to me. Then he asked me out on a date. Funny how one guy can be a complete chicken and the other one just goes in for the kill. I'm excited for the date, I really am. I'm just still really conflicted. Should I just keep working both angles? Do I just see how things unfold? Gag...I hate this whole dating thing and I really hate boys. I just wish sometimes they would all disappear. Just give us ladies a day or two to ourselves.
Love,
Girl Gone Crazy

Man... I'd hate to see how confused you'd get over making an important decision, but I digress. First of all it is hard enough trying to figure out the mind of an "American" man, so why torture yourself with impossible task of trying to figure out a foreign dude's head? That whole language barrier screws everything up. Second of all, I totally agree with you. Foreign men are amazing. I once had a fling with a boy from Toronto. Those Canadians sure now how to woo a lady, eh? True, he was no Latin man. Those guys are in a class all their own. Do you think they come out of the womb knowing how to move their hips like that? That is reason enough to not shut that door completely. However, I don't think you should put everything on hold for him. This "boy next door" character showed interest. He made his intentions clear. I'm pretty impressed actually. Finally we have a dude who grew a pair (sorry, my mental filter is off) and stepped up to the plate. Go and have a good time with him. I suggest trying to block all thoughts of Senor out for the night. Don't let the foreigner encroach (look! I used a fancy word) on American soil, at least not tonight... tomorrow is a different story though. Maybe after your date things will be more clear. Or they could just be even more confusing. If that's the case, then that sucks. I can't tell you what to do...but I'm going to suggest what you should do in a commanding way. Here it is... it is still too early to tell. Go on the date, come home and analyze how you feel then. If high calorie, fatty foods need to be involved in this analysis then by all means, strap 'er on and eat up. Time will tell what the best decision is. It could be that you may like this "boy next door"and your feelings for the latino gradually go away. Or maybe you just want to be friends with "boy" and that the "foreigner" is worth another shot. Maybe (just maybe) neither of them could be worth pursuing and you just need to, I don't know... focus on your studies? Ha! Yeah right. No matter what you decide, don't lose too much sleep over it. At the end of the day they are just a bunch of dudes. Just sayin'. God speed and good luck.
Dotty

No comments:

Post a Comment